Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Another pregnancy-related horror story

"My wife and I wanted to have children desperately, but she had a hysterectomy due to uterine cancer early in our marriage. At the time, we rejected a transplant on grounds of finances and the thought that we would be able to adopt. However, it was those reasons of finance that lead to the government adoption agency turning us down. They suggested contacting GeneCo. A year later, set up with an easy payment plan, we were well on our way to becoming parents. We were on top of the world. However, the pregnancy was troubled from the start - she had to quit her job due to severe morning sickness, and wound up hospitalized several times due to various pregnancy-related complaints. While in the hospital, 28 weeks into the pregnancy, she acquired a vicious staph infection. The Genterns, supposedly the caring nurses of our new age, informed me that she may not make it. My wife and I had discussed this possibility before and decided to give the baby a chance at life, so I pushed for a C-section. I was prepared for a discussion, perhaps even an argument, about the risks related to how premature our child would be. Instead, I was told that we had fallen behind on our payments due to her hospitalizations, and that even if everything was on time, there would be no damaging of GeneCo's property. I protested that plenty of women can undergo multiple C-sections and still be just fine, but it didn't matter. They told me she was going to die anyway, and that they were doing me a favor by waiting until her death to reclaim their property. I lost my wife and child because they were more concerned over an organ and profit than human lives."

Marco, 32, Indiana

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sad that they can get away with that. Dont worry, C.A.R.E Will avenge your wife and baby.

-Mark Kittup